Mount Stuart, Isle of Bute, Scotland
Permanent site specific installation and temporary wall painting.
Mirror and laminated toughened glass. 5.3m x 5.3m
Water soluble house paint. 2.8 m x 11.2 m
Introducing a mirrored floor into the miniature monumental space of an exquisite Byzantine chapel designed by William Burgess in 1873 doubles the dormant space – re activating spiritual and conceptual journeys, from 19th century pilgrimages, to today’s interrogations between the West and the Middle East.
Charlotte Edwards Reawakening 2004
Reawakening Mount Stuart